Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mario Dodovski Spring/Summer 2012


And here comes my spring collection. Dare I say, it felt like giving birth. Maybe even better.
It is my biggest collection so far, and I have to say I truly enjoy the fact that my ideas keep growing from collection to collection. What started out as my first full collection consisted of 10 looks a year ago has developed into a 26-look collection for spring.

Inspiration

Basuically I started with no exact direction nor an inspiration board. What I had stuck in my head was this creepy story of a woman being cheated by her husband and her moods throughout - which eventually leads to her murdering the man and showing her two sides. The transparent parts of the clothes represent the painful holes in her heart, the pantless looks give you a hint of her state of mind and the romantic moon print perfectly catches the flashbacks of her once perfect relationship. But once the "accident" has been commited, her life takes two style directions - she starts showing off her mourning side for the public by wearing black clothes with a big dose of sexiness (saying "I'm a free bitch baby!") while the other side is the innocent-like-a-virgin one which clearly defends her decision of commiting the much needed homocide.
Look wise, the collection has it all - the signature asymmetrical hem, a new, more casual approach to the M-shaped dress with spaghetti straps as well as the standard thigh-high slit gowns which look ultra sexy no matter the color or style. The collection also has a romantic moon print incorporated into several looks that comes in two color combinations. With the balance between the light colored and the sexier black pieces, this collection is perfect for every woman's taste - and her sense of luxury and style.

Full Collection










*NOTE* Click to zoom

Don't forget to leave your comments in the comment box below and express your opinion about the collection.

15 comments:

sparklewand12 said...

Every single item/picture is stunning, absolutely no fault whatsoever!!! I wish I had the amazing talent that you do!!!

Love K xxx

Alex Meyer said...

Beautiful! Follow my blog www.thestylescript.com !

Unknown said...

amazing pics....really gorgeous collection...

kiss,
http://cocobloggers.blogspot.com/

tlen said...

I really, really like it!
The evening dresses with boody looks wonderfull!

veste diesel said...

nice .

Mario Dodovski said...

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments a lot :)

Anonymous said...

Your drawings and clothes are really beautiful.

Worn and Torn Vintage said...

phenomenal. really. following your blog now. :)
xHoney

www.wornandtornvintage.com

@WornTornVintage

Anonymous said...

It is very good, but every piece looked the same.

Unknown said...

hey like the collection and the style of the presentation! would love to know what painting program you're using. i use coral draw but i always love to hear what other fashion designers are using! i wish you a blessed christmas and lots of success in the fashion industry! greetings from germany, melanie

Karla Duarte (Sol) said...

wow. my favorite dress is the number 12/27 i want it haha.. i love it .. i like fashion, im not a designer but def if u sell those dresses on a store ill try them! you can follow my blog and coment on my page.. ill post in my page your blog.. is so good:D .. makeupntrends.blogspot.com and my facebook page Makeup n' Trends ;D

Kasandra Nichole said...

I absolutely love this collection..

Follow me back : http://kasandranichole.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

88pascher.com sac a main louis vuitton sac burberry sac chanel chaussures puma chaussures nike tee shirts louis vuitton chanel femmes tee shirts sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml

Melaney said...

I love the story behind your designs! I also love how you made her "innocence" be stained with her husbands "blood" in the end. I really love your blog!

fashion-trance.blogspot.com

qifei2012 said...

The original very important section of Office 2010 stands out as the the ribbon and bow meals personal preference by Office 2007 right now increasingly becoming abundant with relation to its complete Microsof company application selection Office 2010 key. microsoft office 2010 solutions necessary existing version get on officesoft.au.net office 2010.In the earlier rrt had been not really accessible in Potential together with OneNote 2010 they've got builtin that highly valued bows food wide variety Office 2010 download. Microsoft Office 2010 Key