Thursday, February 11, 2010

McQueen Died This Morning...

... And I died with him as well.
It was a nice day, at least it started off nicely.
I went to school, had 6 classes, came home waiting for Fashion Week to start.. I was literally dying to see those models coming down the runways.
Since I can't go to NY, I made myself reminders of all shows that will be streamed live - I was so happy about the new way of doing shows on the net.
4:15, BCBG Max Azria was about to start. I was looking for comments on twitter to see if the show had already begun. Then I read something that almost killed me.
It was a post from an obviously fashion obsessed girl who claimed that McQueen is dead. I actually didn't really believe her, because I know how people make up stories for publicity.
I googled Alexander McQueen and clicked on last results.
I wish I had never seen that, ever in my life.
Twitter comments were flowing like rivers - all of them saying

"Alexander McQueen Dies at the Age of 40"

I really died when I read that. I made a post about his 2010 shoes this morning. I was so happy and excited seeing his clothes in every magazine possible. Who would have thought he could die today?!
And to make things worse, he killed himself. Hanged, to be more specific. In his apartment in London. On the first day of NY Fashion Week. Twenty five days before his collection in Paris.
When I read all this I was shocked. I couldn't speak for some time and then of course I started crying. I was crying for 15 minutes. My mum had to yell at me to stop.

"February 11th, at the age of 40 we lost a legend. We lost the one and only, the irreplaceable, Alexander McQueen."

R.I.P Maestro. You will always remain in our hearts.

8 comments:

Ms.Brigitte said...

I'm shocked. The best of the best designers... unbelievable.

I'm crying, too.

Anonymous said...

douche

Anonymous said...

douche

Anonymous said...

douche

Anonymous said...

douche

Anonymous said...

douche

Anonymous said...

douche

Passion said...

I cried for about an hour and wore all black on the following day.
RIP Lee Alexander McQueen